To reduce the number of unwanted dogs and cats in Georgia by providing low cost spay/neuter certificates to Georgia residents in need of partial financial assistance.
SpayGeorgia’s Certificate Program:
- SpayGeorgia provides low-cost spay/neuter certificates at an affordable price.
- This program is intended for people who need partial financial assistance in order to have their own pets spayed or neutered. While SpayGeorgia is a low-cost program, it is not a free program.
- The goal of this program is to reduce the number of unwanted animals. By having your pet spayed or neutered, you are acting responsibly as part of the solution to the tragedy of pet overpopulation.
- Each spay/neuter certificate covers the cost of routine spay/neuter surgery, including preparation for surgery, anesthesia, the spay/neuter procedure, routine hospitalization as required, and removal of stitches if necessary. Vaccinations, testing for diseases, deworming, and all other medical procedures are not covered by the certificate and you are responsible for payment for these services.
- Most vet clinics require vaccinations to be current in order to spay or neuter pets; check on requirements and prices at the selected vet clinic before you make an appointment.
What can I do to help?
- SpayGeorgia depends entirely on membership fees, donations, and fundraising events to support our programs.
- We do not receive monies from any group or government agency.
- Membership is only $25 per year and is tax-deductible.
- Members receive our quarterly newsletter and mailings about special events.
To obtain a certificate:
- Please email us at email@example.com.
- We will email the information packet containing our guidelines, certificate prices, participating vets, and an order form to you.
- If you do not have email, please call us at 770-662-4479 and leave your name and address and we will send the packet to you via U.S. Mail.
- You will receive an order form, price list, and a list of participating veterinary clinics in the mail.
- Complete the order form and return it to SpayGeorgia along with your payment.
- You will receive your low-cost certificate, which you can redeem at any participating veterinary clinic.
CERTIFICATES CANNOT BE PURCHASED FROM THIS WEBSITE – ALL TRANSACTIONS MUST BE MADE BY EMAIL OR PHONE/MAIL
Using Your Certificate
Please observe the following guidelines when using your certificate(s).
- Make an appointment for spaying or neutering only with a veterinarian who is on the list that is included with your certificate(s).
- When you call for your appointment, ask what vaccinations the clinic requires in order to perform the surgery. If your pet is not current on these vaccinations, find out how much the clinic charges for these vaccinations.
- When you arrive at the vet clinic for your appointment, present the spay/neuter certificate to the receptionist, as well as proof that your pet is current on any required vaccinations (if applicable).
- Certificates become void six months after the date of issue.
- Veterinarians may decline to provide services to a pet due to its medical condition.
- Veterinary clinics may assess an additional fee to spay a pet if she is pregnant or in heat. They may also assess a fee for large dogs. You are responsible for paying these fees, if applicable.
- SpayGeorgia’s certificates cannot be combined with any other spay/neuter certificates, coupons, or discounts.
Please call (770) 662-4479 if you have other questions about our certificates.