Other Assistance Programs
Please keep in mind that each organization is independent and has their own set of rules and guidelines.
The following is a list of organizations that provide financial assistance to pet owners in need.
Please keep in mind that each organization is independent and has their own set of rules and guidelines. Therefore you will have to investigate each one separately to determine if you qualify for assistance.
- IMOM – imom.org Mission statement: Helping people help pets. To better the lives of sick, injured and abused companion animals. “We are dedicated to insure that no companion animal has to be euthanized simply because their caretaker is financially challenged.”
- The Pet Fund – thepetfund.com The Pet Fund is a registered 501(c)3 nonprofit association that provides financial assistance to owners of domestic animals who need urgent veterinary care. Often animals are put down or suffer needlessly because their owners cannot afford expensive surgery or emergency vet visits. Companion animal owners must often make the difficult decision to put an animal down or neglect urgent medical needs because of the costs involved. The purpose of the Pet Fund is to work towards a future where decisions about companion animal medical care need never be made on the basis of cost.
- The Simple Dollar- state by state pet care resources https://www.thesimpledollar.com/ the-ultimate-guide-to-financial-aid-for-pets/
- RedRover Relief – redrover.org RedRover Relief provides financial assistance grants and additional resources so pet owners and rescuers can care for animals who need urgent veterinary care.
- Brown Dog Foundation – browndogfoundation.org
- Feline Veterinary Emergency Assistance Program – fveap.org Seniors, people with disabilities, people who have lost their jobs, good Samaritans who rescue a cat or kitten any of these folks may need financial assistance to save a beloved companion. The Feline Veterinary Emergency Assistance Program is a nonprofit 501(c)3 organization that provides assistance to cat and kitten guardians who are unable to afford veterinary services to save their companions when life-threatening illness or injury strikes.”
- Canine Cancer Awareness – caninecancerawareness.org
- The Mosby Foundation – themosbyfoundation.org
- Magic Bullet Fund (Cancer specific) – themagicbulletfund.org
- The Binky Foundation – binkyfoundation.org
- God’s Creatures Ministry Veterinary Charity – all-creatures.org
- Angels4Animals – angels4animals.org A non-profit organization and a program of Inner Voice Community Services. Has a mission to serve as the guardian angels of animals whose caretakers find themselves in difficult financial situations. “At Angels4Animals we believe that animal owners should not have to say goodbye to the animals that they love. Our work is accomplished in conjunction with veterinary clinics across the country, eager to assist as many animals, and their owners, as possible. Our services range from financial aid to complete treatment to those pets and pet owners in need.”
OTHER GEORGIA S/N PROGRAMS
- Lifeline Spay and Neuter Clinic– atlantapets.org Avondale Estates (404-292-8800) and College Park (678-973-2881)
- Planned Pethood—2860 Buford Hwy. Bldg. F, Suite 2, Duluth 678-561-3491, pethoodga.org. They also provide low cost vaccine clinics.
- Project Catsnip—770-455-7077, projectcatsnip.com. Mobile clinic.
- Leftover Pets—770-307-3499, leftoverpets.org. Spay/neuter fee includes rabies shot. Winder.
- Fultonanimalservices.com—referral service
- Save A Life, Inc.—912-598-7729, savealifepets.org—referral service. Savannah area.
- West Georgia Spay/Neuter Clinic—678-840-8072, westgeorgiaspayneuter.com. Villa Rica.
- PAWS Atlanta—770-593-1155, pawsatlanta.org. DeKalb County
- Atlanta Humane Society—clinic phone number is 404-875-6420, atlhumane.org
- Cherokee County Humane Society—770-928-5115, cchumanesociety.org. Cherokee County residents only.
- Society of Humane Friends of Georgia—770-962-4301. Lawrenceville.
- CSRA Life Saver—803-221-8608, csralifesaver.com. North Augusta, Graniteville
- Friends of Animals—1-800-321-7387, friendsofanimals.org
- Humane Society of Cobb County—770-428-5678, humanecobb.com
- Paradox Spay/Neuter Clinic–770-787-8717. Loganville.