SpayGeorgia's goal is to reduce the number of unwanted dogs and cats in Georgia by providing low cost spay/neuter certificates to Georgia residents in need of financial assistance.
CERTIFICATES CANNOT BE PURCHASED FROM THIS WEBSITE - ALL TRANSACTIONS MUST BE MADE BY PHONE/MAIL
SpayGeorgia subsidizes the cost of the certificates through donations and fundraising activities. This program is intended for people who need financial assistance in order to have their own pets spayed or neutered. The goal of this program is to reduce the number of unwanted animals. By having your pet spayed or neutered, you are acting responsibly as part of the solution to the tragedy of pet overpopulation. Each spay/neuter certificate covers the cost of routine spay/neuter surgery, including preparation for surgery, anesthesia, the spay/neuter procedure, routine hospitalization as required, and removal of stitches if necessary. Vaccinations, testing for diseases, deworming, and all other medical procedures are not covered by the certificate and you are responsible for payment for these services. Most vet clinics require vaccinations to be current in order to spay or neuter pets; check on requirements and prices at the selected vet clinic before you make an appointment.
Please consider donating $3.00 to cover the cost of postage and handling for your certificate. A donation of $25.00 or more entitles you to a one-year membership. Membership includes a quarterly newsletter, notices of member meetings, and information on volunteer opportunities. Contributions are strictly voluntary and are tax-deductible.
Ordering a Certificate
Please follow these guidelines to ensure that your order form is processed promptly.
- Call (770) 662-4479 to obtain the order form with current certificate prices, a list of the veterinarians who accept our certificates and program information.
- Include your check or money order, made payable to SpayGeorgia, with the order form. Do not send cash.
- When we receive your order form and full payment, SpayGeorgia will mail you your certificate(s). Please allow 3 - 5 days for processing.
Using a Certificate
Please observe the following guidelines when using your certificate(s).
- Make an appointment for spaying or neutering only with a veterinarian who is on the list that is included with your certificate(s).
- When you call for your appointment, ask what vaccinations the clinic requires in order to perform the surgery. If your pet is not current on these vaccinations, find out how much the clinic charges for these vaccinations.
- When you arrive at the vet clinic for your appointment, present the spay/neuter certificate to the receptionist, as well as proof that your pet is current on any required vaccinations (if applicable).
- Certificates become void six months after the date of issue.
- Veterinarians may decline to provide services to a pet due to its medical condition.
- Veterinary clinics may assess an additional fee to spay a pet if she is pregnant or in heat. They may also assess a fee for large dogs. You are responsible for paying these fees, if applicable.
- SpayGeorgia’s certificates cannot be combined with any other spay/neuter certificates, coupons, or discounts.
Please call (770) 662-4479 if you have other questions about our certificates.